1. Start a new project! The New Moon is a time for new beginnings so if there is a project you have been thinking about doing, this is the time to start it. Paint a room, create a talisman, start a blog, or begin a story, whatever you fancy.
2. Perform a job hunting spell or ritual. Being the time of new beginnings, this is a great time to perform a spell or ritual designed to find a new job or just increase prosperity. I know what I will be doing this coming new moon as I am on the hunt for a new job!
3. Meditate. The New Moon is also a time for self-reflection. Use meditation to reflect on your actions over the past month and see where you have grown and areas you need to work on. This is also a great time to meditate on self-love. Don't spend your time reflecting bringing yourself down; build yourself up.
4. Healing ritual or spell. The New Moon is also associated with healing and love. Use these energies to heal self doubt or hate, repair relationships, cure illness, or just recharge your own energies.
5. Reconnect with the Spirit and energies around you. While I don't personally believe in any deities, I do believe that everything has energy. During the peak of the New Moon, go outside and lay under the stars. Take a walk around the neighborhood or through a nearby forest. Reconnect with the Earth, plants, and other living creatures and most especially, the Moon. Even though the moon is not visible, this is one of the best times to draw on its power because it requires the use of your personal imagination and concentration. This is a great time to hone your skills. Don't let this opportunity pass you by.
To learn more about the New Moon and the other Moon Phases, please check out my Moon Magic Part 1: Moon Phases and Moon Magic Part 2: Monthly Magical Moons posts.
What do you plan to do this New Moon? I'd love to hear in the comments below!